Alta Behavioral Healthcare’s UPSTREAM™ Program has openings!
Alta Behavioral Healthcare’s UPSTREAM™ Program has openings for:
- Preschool-age children
- Kindergarten-second grade Youngstown City School children
UPSTREAM is a home-based literacy and social/emotional program to help children from preschool through second grade improve their reading and literacy skills and be socially and emotionally ready to learn. The aim of working with preschool age children is to better prepare them for kindergarten. The aim of the elementary age program is to prepare children for the third grade Reading Guarantee. The program is individually tailored to each child’s needs.
- Literacy skill-building activities involving reading, comprehension, colors, numbers, letters and cutting skills, developed for your child’s own level of need.
- Free books and craft supplies for children.
- Sessions scheduled based on your child’s needs.
- Meeting times planned around your (or another family member’s) schedule at your home or another convenient location you choose.
- Children can participate in Preschool UPSTREAM in addition to their preschool, childcare or Head Start classroom.
- Preschool UPSTREAM will enhance, not replace services or programs your child may be currently receiving.
Contact Parent Mentors Dorothy Williams or Cassandra Wylie at 330-793-2487 to register today.